Big news! Today we start a new ECRi framed activity. At Global Plant Council we want to help researchers with their writing skills. Besides, we think that helping them gain some well-deserved visibility among plant science peers won’t hurt either.
Let’s begin, shall we? First of all…
Is this activity for you?
We have a few questions to help you answer this:
- Are you an early-career researcher (ECR)?
- Are you a plant science researcher?
- Are you passionate about what you do in your line of work and want to share your enthusiasm with the world?
- Do you want to start polishing your writing skills but you don’t know how to?
- You have learned that dissemination is a new skill that is required if you are to thrive in your academic career and you don’t know where to start?
If your answer is a massive YES, this activity is for you! We will provide you with a platform (this website!) to publish online your own texts (and earn some practice and visibility in the process).
Interested? This is what you need to do:
- Prepare your plant science research focussed text, between 500-1.000 words. Think about what you want to say and how. We find that focusing on your own research always helps. Have you published a paper recently? Let us know then!
- Our suggestion: use the tips and tools described here.
- Finally, send your text to our communication officer using this template.
We will help you to improve the text, select the appropriate image/s from image databases if necessary and decide the date for publication. Once ready, we will post your communication in either our blog or news section and on our social media.
We hope you find all this useful! Do you have any questions? Let us know, we will be happy to answer your doubts.