- This event has passed.
Farmers-Scientists panel on Climate-Smart Agriculture
07/12/2022 @ 14:00 - 15:30
Organized joinly by The Global Plant Council and WIKIFARMER.
Four scientists, working on staple crops of huge economical and food safety importance, will present the latest climate-smart agriculture ideas to farmers. Each expert will focus on one particular staple crop: wheat, corn, potato, and rice.
Agenda and Confirmed Panellists:
• Welcome by Isabel Mendoza (The Global Plant Council) and Stella Provelengiou (Wikifarmer)
• Introduction by Bill Davies, Lancaster Environment Centre
• Climate-Smart Agriculture solutions
– Matthew Reynolds (Cimmyt) – Wheat
– Christian Bachem (Wageningen University and Solynta) – Potato
– Yu Wang (University of Illinois) – Maize/corn
– TBD – Rice