1. ORGANIZERS: The organizers of this activity are The Global Plant Council in collaboration of ICAR2022 organizers and Frontiers in Plant Science.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open globally to entrants who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers and representatives of the Organizers, their related companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and agents (collectively, “Contest Entities”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such individual (whether related or not) are not eligible. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Contest is only open to entrants who have complied with the steps detailed above in “HOW TO WIN THE FREE ONLINE REGISTRATIONS TO ICAR2022”
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Acticity, each entrant unconditionally agrees to and accepts these official rules and the decisions of the Organizers, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Acticity.
AN ENTRY/ENTRANT IS DEFINED AS: A complete Google form submission with valid contact details and truthful information.
- ACTIVITY PERIOD: The Contest period begins at 10th April 2022, 00:00 GMT and ends on the 15th May 2022, 00:00 GMT. All online entries must be received by 15th May 2022, 00:00 GMT.
- SUBMISSION: Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and shall result in disqualification.
Limit one prize per ENTRY/ENTRANT.
Winners will be selected by members of the Global Plant Science Board of Directors.
- REQUIREMENTS OF WINNERS. The winners shall be announced on or about 30th May 2022 on the @GlobalPlantGPC Twitter account. The winner must comply with all contest rules as published. The potential prize winner shall be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release within five (5) days from the date of notification. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize shall be awarded to the entrant with the second most number of votes. The winner agrees to conduct any and all media interviews related to the Contest if requested and not disparage the organizers during any such interviews.
- PRIZES: Ten (10) PRIZES: The 10 Winner(s) of the contest (the “Winners”), will get one free online registrations each to the ICAR2022 between June 20-24. No substitution shall be made except as provided herein at the Organizers’ sole discretion. The odds of winning depend on the number and comntent of the answers of eligible entries received.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s agreement and consent to Organizers’ use of winner’s name, address (city, state), likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, Entry and/or prize information, for promotional purposes worldwide in any media without further notice, payment or consideration.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Organizers reserve the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. In such event, Organizers reserve the right to select the winner for the Contest from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment. Organizers reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entrant they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Organizers’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
- RELEASE: By entering this Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless, Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
- LIMIT OF LIABILITY: Contest Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: (i) participation in this Contest; (ii) human error; (iii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technology outage, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (iv) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (v) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (vi) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; (vii) acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of prize or prize component; or (viii) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Contest Entities. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Contest Entities.
- DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the Contest or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of England and Wales; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales.
- RULES/WINNER LIST REQUESTS: To obtain these rules or for notification of the winner, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for winner list must be received by 5th June 2022.