- This event has passed.
Maintaining your wellbeing during your PhD
February 8 @ 09:30 - 12:30
This event is free for SEB members. Non-members will be charged the cost price of £25 per person.
Completing a PhD requires dedication, focus, significant self-motivation, and investments of time and energy.
Whilst often a very rewarding experience, research students also report that, at times, the demands of their work can also invoke difficult feelings of stress, anxiety and isolation. Challenges which, for many, have been exacerbated during the pandemic. In this interactive online workshop, we will consider what contributes to good wellbeing, explore common triggers for work-related stress and anxiety, and identify practical strategies to proactively support your wellbeing.
Learning Outcomes: During this online workshop, with the support of an experienced facilitator and peers you will:
- Consider the factors which impact on PhD students wellbeing.
- Identify what ‘good wellbeing’ means for you.
- Discuss the concept of ‘self-care’ and identify some workable strategies that support your wellbeing
- Explore techniques to manage ‘imposter’ feelings if/when they arise
- Consider how to identify wellbeing ‘warning signs’ in yourself and others and what to do if you spot them.
- Identify the range of services and resources available to support researcher mental health and wellbeing.
- Develop your own Wellbeing Action Plan
Please note that there are two identical sessions of the “Maintaining your Wellbeing During your PhD workshop. This is so participants from all time zones will be able to join. You are currently on the webpage for the session happening on the 8th Feburary at 9.30 am – 12.30 pm (UK time).